Confirmation Retreat Team Application Process
With another school year underway, we get to turn our attention to preparing for another amazing Confirmation Retreat. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a close-knit team with a passion to sharing the love of Christ and the gifts of the Holy Spirit with Confirmation students from Church of the Holy Family and St. Columba.
While the time commitments can be extensive, it is an amazing experience of faith to light the path to Christ to other high schoolers.
In order to apply, there are several important rules that you will need to be sure to commit.
- As the source and summit of our faith, you must attend Mass weekly.
- In order to be well prepared for the retreat and to help the team prepare, you are required to to attend and participate in the meetings as outlined in the attached calendar. The Boot Camp meetings held in December are mandatory for new members to the team and strongly encouraged for returning members.
- In order to serve as role models of faith to the students, all retreat team members agree to refrain from any underage drinking and all illegal drug use.
- Attend for the duration of the retreat: Friday night planning session, Saturday all day, Sunday through cleanup (around 2 pm).
- So that retreat students can be familiar with you, it is required that you participate in one regular ministry at the Church. These can include but are not limited to youth ministry, music ministry, lectoring, greeting, teaching religious education, eucharistic ministry.
- All retreat team members must be a confirmed and actively practicing Catholic. In addition, each must completed a safe environment program prior to the first retreat team meeting. Details of this will be emailed to you following your application.
Please complete the application below by October 28. After you have applied, you will be contacted for an in person interview to take place during the month of November. Any questions can be directed to Val Ciotto